Laugh out loud with Magic Phil
Join us on a joyride as everyone's favourite family entertainer in the UAE - Magic Phil shares his expertise on how to make story time fun and memorable!
Here are Magic Phil's top tips for a super silly storytime!
- Become the character; My son loves it when I make up silly voices for the characters in the stories, particularly Grumpy Granny which is one of my stories. If I really want to go the extra mile with my storytelling, I'll act them out with props like Grandma glasses, and walking sticks, or by dressing up in the full outfit!
- Using puppets, teddy bears, or other toys can help bring the story to life and give kids a chance to engage with the characters in the stories. Not only will this make storytelling more fun, but it will also help keep kids engaged and entertained as the story is being told.
- Try telling a story without reading the words, and let your children look at the images and invent their own version! This lets them use their imagination and can often be hilarious!
- This is a great way to have some fun and be creative with your child as a family. Get a few pieces of paper and divide them up. Have everyone pick a page and then create a story from it. Take turns doing different voices as you go through each page and create a unique tale from your imagination. Enjoy the experience and have fun!
- The magic ending! I will sometimes read half a book and we create our own ending. For instance, we imagine how the three bears will feel when they return home or how Cinderella will react to her dress being transformed, and if Pinocchio will ever become a real boy. Crafting your own conclusions first and subsequently reading the actual endings the following day can be very fun too!
- The magic isn’t in the words, it's in your and your child's imagination! Bring your story to life and make memories that you and your family will always remember and cherish!
Expect big belly laughs as we have curated LOL-worthy books for your little ones!